In addition to a massive library of raw sound material, Superior Drummer 3 introduces a unique design, a streamlined workflow and countless features for powerful drum production in your computer.
The idea with Superior Drummer 3 is to let you step into a virtual studio with the best possible raw material and mix options at your disposal to create drum sounds in an environment where only your imagination sets the limits. Combining the creative power of the sounds, the ambiences and the extensive set of features, Superior Drummer 3 is more than just a drum sampler – it’s a bottomless well of creativity. It bridges the gap between acoustic and electronic and lets you venture off into completely new sonic landscapes. This is the definitive tool for percussive sound design.
• In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bit
• Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
• Playback in stereo or up to 11 channel surround systems
• Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
• New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
• Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
• Built-in MIDI grid editor
• DAW automation for built-in macro controls
• Support for keyboard shortcuts
The Superior Drummer 3 core sound library was recorded by award-winning engineer George Massenburg at probably the worlds most quiet and ideal location for sampling, the Galaxy Studios in Belgium. The library boasts in excess of 230 GB of raw sound material captured in extreme detail. In addition to close microphones and several ambience positions, the Superior Drummer 3 setup also includes an eleven room microphones set up in a surround configuration, for use in anything from stereo to 5.1, 9.1 and all the way up to 11.1 systems. In combination with the large selection of extra instruments added for stacking and sound design purposes, the sounds of Superior Drummer 3 give you an incomparable palette of options to craft drum tones beyond your wildest imagination.
• Seven (7) kits (Ayotte, Gretsch, Pearl, Premier, Yamaha and two configurations of Ludwig)
• Tom shell dimensions cover ranges from 6″ to 20″
• Optional tool selection available on select kits and instruments (sticks, brushes, rods, felt mallets)
• Optional drum head selection available on select kits and instruments
• Approx. 350 electronic drum sounds, sampled from vintage and classic drum machines
• 25 unique acoustic snares, 35 recorded configurations
• 16 unique acoustic kicks, 27 different recorded configurations
Superior Drummer implements several groundbreaking features for working with any aspect of your drum MIDI content right inside the program. The idea is that regardless of what you are attempting to accomplish, you should never have to leave the framework of Superior Drummer 3. From quickly getting a custom beat going to laying out entire songs or diving deep into fine-tuning timing and velocity detail, Superior Drummer 3 has got you covered.
Add to this the comprehensive Superior Drummer 3 MIDI library, covering a wide range of styles, and you have a wealth of inspiration to use to craft your custom drum tracks from.
• Multiple song tracks
• Build full drum arrangements
• Grid editor
• Time and tempo editor integrated in Song Track
• Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track with improved workflow and search functionality added
• Integrated grooves and search browser
• Text search
The mixer introduces 35 low-footprint insert effects, making each channel strip a virtual sound processing powerhouse. Route, bus, send, saturate, blend and mix the creative options are endless. Think of Superior Drummer 3 like stepping into the control of a world-class studio and taking a seat at the mixing console. Outside the glass windows, in the massive hall, theres a wide array of drums of all sizes, makes and models, all set up and ready for you to hone to fit your mixes.
• 35 mixer effects (EQ, delay, reverb, filters, dynamics, distortion, modulation)
• A wide array of presets for all included kits
• Individual mic bleed and mic control
• Bus, route, send
The Tracker introduces the arguably most efficient and accurate drum audio to MIDI conversion software on the market. Built on a highly advanced instrument recognition neural network, the Tracker detects hits with an unequalled accuracy and speed.
With the seamless integration with Superior Drummer 3, replacing or augmenting drums has never been more powerful than now. Simply drop your drum audio material in Tracker, let it quickly analyze your content and in no time, you’ll be able to preview the MIDI based on your original tracks. Start blending, augmenting, replacing and creating!
• Drum recognition based on artificial intelligence (AI)
• Machine learning based on over 1.4 million drum audio files
• Offline audio to MIDI conversion
• Track complex drum patterns faster than ever before
• Unlimited control with Find Similar, Sound Recognition Threshold and other specially designed features
• Create tempo maps from audio with the Find Tempo feature
• Reduce bleed between different microphones to avoid false triggers
• Edit MIDI notes individually directly in the waveform
• Seamless integration with Superior Drummer 3
• Endless possibilities to replace or augment any drum performance
• Get experimental import any audio file to generate original percussive rhythms
By combining smart software features with extreme sample detail and nuance, Superior Drummer 3 bridges the gap between the “e” and the drums, making your electronic kit every bit as “real” and acoustic as it can be. Get started playing instantly with one of the the new e-drum presets, or customize the way the software responds to your playing with new, easy-to-use controls on the dedicated e-drum settings tab.
Optimized velocity response, humanization and up to 25 velocity layers per instrument in the Superior Drummer 3 core library will make your playing more expressive and well-rounded than ever!
• New e-drum settings page allows transforming incoming MIDI without affecting the playback of your MIDI files.
• Get started playing instantly with new e-drum presets for a variety of e-drum brands
• Easy setup for positional sensing pads and multiple articulations
• No need for a DAW capture your performance directly in the Song Track of Superior Drummer 3
• Superb realism, new articulations and manageable library size with up to 25 velocity layers per instrument
• Quick access to controls for snare and hi-hat CC
• Optimized response and humanization
64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended).
Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 4 GB RAM (8 GB RAM or more recommended).
64-bit host (with support for VST, AU or AAX).
Standalone is included.