A Stunning Addition to Any Kit!
Here’s the snare you’ve been waiting for! Pearl’s Reference Pure Series Snare drum gives you the expression and projection you’ve always wanted. There are many things that make the Reference Pure Series Snare a truly remarkable drum. It combines Pearl’s top-of-the-line drum technology, including choice tonewood and cutting-edge ultra-low-mass hardware. The result is a snare drum that will rock your world, every time you hit it! At Sweetwater, we’ve played countless snare drums, and the Pearl Reference Pure Series Snare is easily one of the best for the money.
Pearl Reference Pure Series Snare Drum at a Glance:
- The perfect shell configuration
- Next-generation drum hardware
- Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology
The perfect shell configuration
To give the Reference Pure Series Snare the bright snap and expressive resonance you demand, Pearl gave it a 6-ply shell made out of two tried-and-true tonewoods. The outer four plies are made from maple, which is the de-facto standard wood for making snare drums. However, unlike typical models, the Reference Pure Series Snare features two inner plies made from premium-grade birch, which gives your sound an extra degree of bite. You’ll love the way this unique snare drum cuts through, even when the rest of the band goes all out.
Next-generation drum hardware
Of course, there’s a lot more to making a truly great snare drum than just the shell. That’s why Pearl developed a whole series of super-low-mass hardware. STL swivel tube lugs feature minimal contact with the shell of the Reference Pure Series Snare, which allows it to vibrate freely for maximum resonance. With Pearl’s low-mass 1.6mm Fat Tone Hoop clamped down on the Reference Pure Series Snare’s 45-degree bearing edge, you’ll also discover that this snare drum has a freakishly large sweet spot. It’s next to impossible to get a bad sound out of this drum! Top it off with Pearl’s SR-1000 Glide-Lock Strainer, and no matter how hard you play, you’ll get rock-solid tone hit after hit.
Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology
The Reference Pure Series Snare is a real performer under pressure… literally. Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology is a proprietary technique for creating a super-tight air chamber in each of their Reference Series drums. In addition to overlapping the joins of each ply in the shell and saturating them with Pearl’s AcoustiGlue, each shell is molded under extreme pressure (1000psi). The result is that you end up with a stronger shell that has a more consistent overall sound.
Pearl Reference Pure Series Snare Drum Features:
- Exceptionally balanced 6.5″ x 14″ snare drum that’s perfect for virtually any musical style
- Shell constructed from 6 individual .9mm plies, combining the bright sparkle of select birch with the projection and snap of top-quality maple
- Pearl’s proprietary Superior Shell Technology ensures exceptional tone, optimal resonance, and extreme strength
- 45-degree bearing edge provides a tightly focused shell contact area for extreme sensitivity and maximum volume
- Ultra-low-mass STL swivel tube lugs achieve minimal contact with the shell to decrease dampening and increase resonance
- 1.6mm Fat Tone Hoops combine low-mass resonance with heroic strength
- SR-1000 Glide-Lock Strainer with locking throw off lever that won’t loosen no matter how hard you play