The Impact LX88+ is a unique USB MIDI controller keyboard designed for keyboard players looking for extra reach. It’s jam-packed with intelligent, expressive performance control and hooks up automatically to your DAW! If you prefer to control MIDI hardware, use the build-in MIDI Out as well as the extensive MIDI programing options. Impact LX88+ does it all, and more.
Nektar DAW Integration custom designed for most of the popular DAWs, takes Impact LX88+ way beyond functionality normally offered by a MIDI controller keyboard. With Impact LX88+ the hard work is done, so you can focus on your creativity.
Nine 30mm faders, 9 MIDI buttons and 8 encoders are at the center of Impact LX88+’s control panel. Each control is fully programmable to send any MIDI CC message for use with hardware or software MIDI products. Used with Nektar DAW integration, the controls take on a life of their own, providing flexible pre-mapped DAW control giving you the best of both worlds. Control settings can be stored in any of the 5 Impact LX88+ presets for recall at any time. And if you switch Null on, any parameter values are stored when you change presets so you avoid parameter jumping.
- 4 velocity curves available, gradually increasing in dynamics. If you don’t need velocity, 3 fixed velocity levels cater for a consistent output.
- Octave and transpose buttons
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Nine 30mm faders, 9 MIDI buttons and 8 encoders are at the center of Impact LX+’s control panel. Each control is fully programmable to send any MIDI CC message for use with hardware or software MIDI products. Used with Nektar DAW integration, the controls take on a life of their own, providing flexible pre-mapped DAW control giving you the best of both worlds. Control settings can be stored in any of the 5 Impact LX+ presets for recall at any time. And if you switch Null on, any parameter values are stored when you change presets so you avoid parameter jumping.
- For groove and beat creation, Impact LX88+’s 8 velocity sensitive pads make life easy. Calibrated to trigger at a light touch, finger drumming is suddenly well within reach with a nice and even velocity response. Each pad can be assigned any MIDI note number or MIDI cc message for use as MIDI trigger or toggle buttons. But the best part is the “Pad Learn“ feature, which allows you to just select a pad, play the note or drum sound you want on the keyboard and assignment is done. No complex menus for a task that’s essential to getting the most out of your pads. Assignments are stored over power cycling so you don’t lose your settings when you switch your system off for the night. In addition, 4 pad map locations can store your settings for future recall
- The 4 color LED illumination not only looks good but also indicates which pad map is currently loaded and can even tell you which type of MIDI message each pad sends. With Nektar DAW Integration, the pads are automatically mapped in, for example, Reason and Bitwig. The two Clips and Scenes buttons are used in Bitwig to trigger exactly these features. In Reason, a clever control of Reason’s location points create a similar experience with scenes triggering of any Reason song.
- On the back of Impact LX88+ are the connection points including:
- USB port for power and data connection to your computer or iPad (via optional USB camera connection kit)
- Foot switch jack, assignable (pedal not included)
- MIDI Output. Can be routed individually for zones, from your DAW or directly from the LX88+
- On/off switch
- Power Supply socket: 9v 600mA, center positive, 2.1mm barrel connector, (PSU not included)
Impact LX88+ software integration supports most of the popular DAWs. A common workflow gives access to many of the functions you are most likely to need when recording and performing with your Impact LX88+. The best part is that it’s all done for you: Simply complete the installation process and start making music! Impact LX88+ DAW integration currently supports Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One. Buttons and controls are labeled so you don’t have to remember how they are assigned. That’s why Impact LX88+ is a breeze to use but with enough extra features under the hood to challenge even the most experienced power user.