The Impact LX49+ MIDI controller is compact and portable yet jam-packed with intelligent and expressive performance control not even available on many premium products. Ever wanted a controller that hooks up automatically to your DAW? Impact LX49+ does exactly that.
- The 49 note velocity sensitive keyboard is a synth action with a medium tension. The full-size, piano-style keys are covered to protect against dirt and dust while also complementing the Impact LX design.
- 4 velocity curves gradually increasing in dynamics there is a choice for any playing style. If you don’t need velocity, 3 fixed velocity levels cater for a consistent output.
- Octave and transpose buttons
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Nine 30mm faders, 9 MIDI buttons and 8 encoders are at the center of Impact LX+’s control panel. Each control is fully programmable to send any MIDI CC message for use with hardware or software MIDI products. Used with Nektar DAW integration, the controls take on a life of their own, providing flexible pre-mapped DAW control giving you the best of both worlds. Control settings can be stored in any of the 5 Impact LX+ presets for recall at any time. And if you switch Null on, any parameter values are stored when you change presets so you avoid parameter jumping.
- For groove and beat creation, Impact LX49’+s 8 velocity sensitive pads make life easy. Calibrated to trigger at a light touch, finger drumming is suddenly well within reach with a nice and even velocity response. Each pad can be assigned any MIDI note number or MIDI cc message for use as MIDI trigger or toggle buttons. But the best part is the “Pad Learn“ feature, which allows you to just select a pad, play the note or drum sound you want on the keyboard and assignment is done. No complex menus for a task that’s essential to getting the most out of your pads. Assignments are stored over power cycling so you don’t lose your settings when you switch your system off for the night. In addition, 4 pad map locations can store your settings for future recall
- The 4 color LED illumination not only looks good but also indicates which pad map is currently loaded and can even tell you which type of MIDI message each pad sends. With Nektar DAW Integration, the pads are automatically mapped in, for example, Reason and Bitwig. The two Clips and Scenes buttons are used in Bitwig to trigger exactly these features. In Reason, a clever control of Reason’s location points create a similar experience with scenes triggering of any Reason song.
Impact LX49+ software integration supports most of the popular DAWs. A common workflow gives access to many of the functions you are most likely to need when recording and performing with your Impact LX49+. The best part is that it’s all done for you: Simply complete the installation process and start making music! Impact LX49+ DAW integration currently supports Cubase, Digital Performer, FL Studio, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One. Buttons and controls are labeled so you don’t have to remember how they are assigned. That’s why Impact LX49+ is a breeze to use but with enough extra features under the hood to challenge even the most experienced power user.