The volca series is all about unique sound. Whether it’s analog, PCM, or FM, the volca series puts unique sounds into an accessible platform. And now, the series is joined by a new rhythm machine that brings yet another sonic character. It’s the Volca Drum digital percussion synthesizer.
• Flexible DSP digital synth engine
• Dynamic Effects – Physical modelling resonator effect tube and string models
• 16-step sequencer with a wide range of parameter automation
• Multi-touch trigger keyboard
• Two randomize functions
• Custom Hi-res LCD display
• MIDI In
• Built In Speaker
• 10 Pre-loaded kits with a maximum of 16 kits stored in memory bank
Volca Drum has 6 parts, and 2 layers per part. This structure allows users to use noise sources with multiple resonant filter options and audio rate pitch modulators for metallic FM sounds. This is not your standard drum machine producing traditional drum sounds!
Distinctive sound from a newly developed DSP engine
Each part consists of two layers. For each layer, users choose one of five types of oscillator waveform including sine wave, sawtooth wave, and HPF noise, and also choose from three types of pitch modulator and amp EG, each optimized for drum sounds
Waveguide resonator adds rich resonances
The effect section features a waveguide resonator that’s based on physical modelling, and add resonances to the sound.