KORG Kronos 2 61 Workstation Synthesizer, 61 Key SE
This NEW GREAT LOOKING STAGE SYNTHESIZER Also Gets a sound upgrade to Define and set itself from the other Synthesizers ONSTAGE and in the Studio
With a red gradation finish that makes it take centre stage , this KORG KRONOS Special Edition features the new Italian-made grand piano that debuted on the KORG Grandstage. It also comes with the pre-installed “KApro Showcase” that collects only carefully selected sounds from KApro, who provided more than 100 of the KRONOS Sound Libraries.
The gorgeous metallic color and Beautiful even ricjer sound delivered only by KRONOS will make an unmistakable difference on stage.
The Latest Korg KRONOS 2 was created to satisfy today’s most demanding, accomplished performers and producers—as well as tomorrow’s visionary leaders— It is monster with its nine distinct synthesis engines and a complete suite of performance and productions tools, KRONOS is simply the most versatile synthesizer ever made.
- Enhanced SGX-2 Grand Piano Engine featuring the new Berlin Grand
- Massive sound selection
- 9 distinct sound engines
- Innovative Set List mode
- Colour TouchView display with TouchDrag capability
- Sequencer compositional tools
- 16-track audio recording/16-track MIDI sequencing
- USB/MIDI host ports accommodate MIDI control surfaces
- Smooth sound transitions
- Advanced control surface
Main Features and SOUND ENGINES
There are 185 effect types including delays, compressors, EQs, envelopes, choruses, phasers, panners, delays, reverbs, decimators, cabinet models and a vocoder.
- SGX2 is the newest engine included as part of the 3.1.0 OS is SGX-2; a premium acoustic piano engine which now includes a splendid ‘Berlin’ grand piano alongside the already well-respected Japanese and German grands; this engine has also been further enhanced with the addition of modelled sympathetic resonance (the sound of case/string resonance) along with soft pedal ‘una corda’ samples too. These important features greatly enhance the authenticity of the already excellent SGX engine.
- EP1 -Electric piano is a staple in msot Keyboard players repetiore and the built in EP-1 engine is a power engine various Rhodes and Wurlitzer EPs. These all sound very authentic, and for personalising your sound, you can tweak details including note attack noise, harmonics, damper release and hammer tip width.
- HD-1 PCM engine is a sample-based engine featuring a two-oscillator system that draws from the 1500+ onboard multisamples and the 1300+ drum samples at its heart and has a huge range of high quality samples for general studio and live duties, plus Wavestation-derived ‘wavesequencing’ for constantly evolving soundscapes.
- AL-1 engine is the go-to engine for authentic analogue emulations and features everything you need to build classic poly or mono analogue sounds and more besides. Once again, the sound quality is excellent and alias-free, and this engine also has its own step sequencer too.
- The CX-3 engine emulates classic tonewheel organs and their rotary cabinets, and whilst the presets lead you to believe that perhaps this isn’t the most authentic organ modeling engine around, once you dig deeper into the settings, you can get some very authentic Hammond sounds, especially when employing the panel sliders as drawbars (note you’ll probably want the 61-note or LS models if organ playing is your thing).
- STR-1 engine uses 16 modelled string types (including acoustic guitar, clavinet and harpsichord) coupling them with modelled pickups and the ability to use sampled oscillators too. It’s great for making realistic electric or acoustic stringed instruments, but it can also go way beyond this.
- MOD-7 is a super-powerful FM engine (VPM in Korg-speak) which can also handily import DX7 patches. Like all FM engines, it’s pretty complex (so best approached via one of the many Mod-7 presets initially) but once you’re feeling braver, initialise a patch and get stuck in; the results are great and will have you selling your old Yamaha FM machines pronto!
- (MS20EX and PolysixEX) are based on the MS-20 and Polysix. and both sound great – nicely authentic and very tweakable and are sound based to reproduce ANALOG SYNNTHESIS for that fat sound which is perfect for Bass or screaming leadlines let alone fat pads for your favourite flim scores or Dance effects
SEQUENCING, SAMPLING with AUDIO and MIDI
Kronos’ powerful sequencer features 16 MIDI tracks and 16 AUDIO tracks, and includes real-time and step recording, a drum track, audio editing, WAV file import and simultaneous recording of up to four sources to the onboard 62GB SSD drive. It’s great for quick idea capturing or full song productions, though it could really do with a proper piano roll display for deeper editing. Korg does have a Kronos sound editor and librarian (standalone and plugin) but unfortunately it can’t edit sequence data.You can sample and re-sample in any mode, import audio files (WAV/AIFF/MP3) via USB and drop them into Kronos to use as part of a Program, Combi or Sequence. You can also multisample any keyboard or instrument with SPDIF/USB, or from the rear 1/4-inch audio inputs, (there’s no dedicated XLR mic jack).