Put the Mesa/Boogie Throttle Box distortion pedal in front of your amplifier, and get ready for pure rock fury served up with a side of aggression. The Throttle Box specializes in high gain, but you’ll find its organic-sounding lower-gain settings to be perfect for blues and classic rock. The Mid-cut control scoops out midrange to give you the signature Boogie V amp sound so many axe slingers have used to create massively heavy guitar tones. And with up to 20dB of signal boost on tap, you’ll be able to send your tube amplifier into untamed territory with the Mesa/Boogie Throttle Box distortion pedal.
Mesa/Boogie Throttle Box Distortion Pedal at a Glance:
- Wide-ranging distortion is a workhorse for your pedalboard
- Built tough in the USA for rugged reliability
Wide-ranging distortion is a workhorse for your pedalboardMetalheads can’t deny the instant sonic aggression you get from plugging into the Throttle Box distortion pedal, but the high-gain tones aren’t the only flavour this box offers. With selectable low- and high-gain settings, separate tone and mid-cut controls, and extra signal boost via the master level control, there’s a lot of ground you can cover. Get to know the Throttle Box, and you’ll be dialling in blues, classic rock, and fusion tones before you know it.
Built tough in the USA for rugged reliabilityMesa/Boogie has been hand-building some of the most sought after guitar gear in Petaluma, CA since the late ’60s. Early fans of Mesa gear include Carlos Santana and Keith Richards, guitarists whose tones have been chased by countless musicians ever since. When you plug into the Throttle Box, you’re tapping into decades of innovation. Especially if you gig regularly, you’ll appreciate the top-notch sound and construction you get in the Throttle Box.
Mesa/Boogie Throttle Box Distortion Pedal Features:
- Versatile distortion pedal with powerful tone shaping
- True bypass switching ensures you maintain your tone
- Low- and high-gain modes make it easy to switch between modern and classic tones
- Master-level can add up to 20dB of signal boost
- Tone and Mid-cut controls let you fine-tune your tone
- Powered by 1 x 9V battery or optional 9V DC, Negative Center power supply (sold separately)