The Mesa/Boogie Cabclone is a speaker cabinet simulator and load box that gives you entirely new ways to use your guitar amplifier on stage or in your studio. Plug your amplifier’s speaker output to the Cabclone, and you can connect your amp’s tone directly to a mixing console, mic preamp, or even direct to your recording device. Three different cabinet simulation voicings let you emulate the sound of open-back, closed-back, and “vintage” speaker cabinets. You won’t need to lug a speaker cabinet with you to get outstanding tone from your amplifier, with the Mesa/Boogie Cabclone.
- Easily interface your guitar amp with your mixing console or recording rig
- Minimize the size of your rig, not your tone
- Built tough for long-term reliability
Easily interface your guitar amp with your mixing console or recording rigSure, your 150-watt tube amp sounds awesome when it’s cranked up, but that’s more volume than most small stages and clubs can take. Plug it into the Mesa/Boogie Cabclone, and you can run the XLR DI output direct to the mixing board instead of trying to mic up a roaring speaker cabinet. You’ll have less volume on stage which will lead to a cleaner overall sound, and you can crank your amp without melting the faces of your audience.
Minimize the size of your rig, not your toneGuitarists at Sweetwater know that your speaker cabinet is a big part of your tone, but we also know that you spend a lot of time and energy getting that beast to and from gigs. In your studio you may hook up your cabinet to the Cabclone and record both the Cabclone’s direct output and your miked cabinet, but for live gigs you don’t need to have your cab connected to the Cabclone. Just grab your amp head and Cabclone, and you’re ready for your show.
Built tough for long-term reliabilityIn typical Mesa/Boogie fashion, the Cabclone speaker simulator is built tough as nails to survive your most demanding gigs. There’s a handy, removeable tilt-back stand built right in so you can place it over the handle on your amplifier head. And it’s a completely passive design, so you won’t need to keep track of a separate power supply. As a gigging companion, the Cabclone is much easier to deal with than a full-size speaker cabinet.
Mesa/Boogie Cabclone Speaker Cabinet Simulator and Load Box Features:
- Speaker cab simulator and load box for guitar amplifiers rated at 8 ohms
- For use with guitar amplifiers rated up to 150W
- Lets you select between open-back, closed-back, and “vintage” speaker cabinet emulations
- Allows you to play your amplifier head without a speaker cabinet connected
- Makes it easy to connect your guitar amp directly to a mixing console, mic preamp, or recording device
- Headphone output defeats line outputs for silent practice
- Power Handling: 100W RMS
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Ground Lift: Yes
- Polarity Switch: Yes
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4″ (powered signal in)
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ (thru), 1 x XLR (direct out), 1 x 1/4″ (line out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- Power Source: Passive